Do you have anything planned for your kids during school holidays? If you are going on a little family vacation this holiday season, here’s a checklist to help!
What to pack?
- Appropriate clothing: Pack clothing suitable for the weather and planned activities. Don’t forget sunscreen, hats, proper shoes, etc.
- Baby cot/sling/stroller: Choose the suitable baby carrier. You can also opt to rent or borrow from local mums.
- First aid kit: Carry a mini set for small injuries or mild illnesses. Bring medications for any pre-existing conditions!
- Travel documents: Make sure required documents (e.g. passports, visas) are prepared in advance and triple-check when packing.
- Favourite things: Let your kids bring a favourite toy or books to keep them occupied during the long travel.
Keep in mind!
- Safety first: Be extra careful when bringing small kids to unfamiliar places.
- Child’s routine: Try to stick to their diet, mealtimes and bedtime.
- Hygiene: Choose clean eateries and practise proper hand-washing. Wet wipes and hand sanitisers may be useful.
- Hydration: Make sure your kids drink enough water.
- Rest: Plan your itinerary with sufficient rest time in between activities and at night.
- Extras: It may be helpful to bring extra items (diapers, clothing, etc.), but don’t overdo it.