For kids who are just starting school this year, the first few days (or even weeks) can be difficult. Even kids who are going back to school can be demotivated after a long holiday. But you can encourage and motivate your kids with these phrases:
- “You can do it if you believe you can do it.” This will assure your kids that they are capable of achieving anything once they have set their mind to it, including making new friends in class or getting the top 10 ranking in class.
- “You don’t have to be the best; you just need to try your best.” As long as your kids have given their best effort at any subject or task, they don’t have to be No. 1 at everything.
- “It’s about the journey, not just the destination.” Results and future are important, but remember to enjoy the journey and cherish the present moment as well.
- “Treat others how you want to be treated.” This is the golden rule in interacting with others and how to cultivate empathy in your kids, especially in a classroom setting.
- “Every mistake is a learning opportunity.” Everyone makes mistakes, but learning from mistakes is how we grow to be a better person.
- “I believe in you and support you.” Knowing that you trust them is a huge boost to your kids’ confidence and self-esteem, helping them to perform better at school.
- “Step out of your comfort zone for magic to happen.” Kids need to be comfortable being uncomfortable; they develop by trying and learning new things.
- “I can’t wait to hear about your day.” This lets your kids know that you care about them and look forward to seeing them again at the end of the day.