- 100 g (1 medium-sized) green apple, peeled and grated
- 70 g (½ cup) pumpkin, cooked and pureed
- 80 g (½ cup) raisins
- 125 ml (½ cup) full cream milk
- 190 g (¾ cup) honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) vegetable oil
- sieved together
- 190 g (1 ⅓ cups) all-purpose flour
- 90 g (⅔ cup) whole meal flour
- 10 g (2 tsp) baking powder
- 2 g (½ tsp) baking soda
- 1 g (½ tsp) cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, oil, honey and milk together.
- Add grated apple, pumpkin puree and raisins into mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add sieved flour into the batter. Stir briefly till you get a fluffy batter. Do not overmix as this will make the muffins hard.
- Grease the muffin tins or line them with muffin cups. Fill each cup ¾ full with the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Your muffins are ready when a tester (toothpick) inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Nutrient content per serving:
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia
Recipe courtesy of “Nutritionists’ Choice Cookbook, Vol 1: Healthy Recipes for Your Little Ones” by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes 100 recipes, please email: [email protected]