(Suggested number of servings: 4)
- 240 g (4 large size) tomatoes
- 70 g (1 cup) button mushrooms
- 132 g (1 small can) peas
- 132 g (1 small can) chickpeas
- 10 g (2 cloves) garlic
- 10 g (1 small piece) ginger
- 10 ml (2 teaspoon) oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Peel the skin of the ginger with a peeler and slice thinly.
- Chop the garlic and mushrooms finely.
- To prepare the red bowl, cut the tomato 1/3 open at the top, then remove the seeds inside with a spoon.
- Stir-fry the garlic and ginger with oil in the pan until fragrant and add in the mushrooms, peas and chickpeas.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mushrooms, peas and chickpeas mixture into the tomatoes.
- Serve on a plate.
Nutrient content per serving:
Recipes courtesy of “Junior Chef Cookbook, Vol 1: Let’s Play Healthy Cooking” by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes 35 recipes, please email to: [email protected]
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia.