- 3 eggs (large)
- 200 g (1½ cup) wheat flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 100 g (²⁄5 cup) butter
- Cooking chocolates for garnishing
- 200 g (2 medium-sized) bananas, sliced
- 80 g (½ cup) sugar
- 45 g (3 tbsp) butter
- 100 ml (½ cup) evaporated milk
- 45 g (3 tbsp) custard flour, mix with 50 ml
- (3 tbsp) water
- 125 ml (½ cup) water
To make puff
- Boil water with butter for 1 minute.
- Add wheat flour and mix thoroughly to form dough. Turn off the heat and allow the dough to cool.
- Beat the dough using a beater/hand mixer and add beaten eggs gradually a bit at a time. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Put the mixture into piping bag with round noozle.
- Pipe the mixture with desirable size on the baking tray.
- Bake 180⁰C, about double in size. Let cool for a while.
- Cut in the middle, crosswise, using sharp serrated end knife. Pipe some cream filling and arrange the sliced bananas on top before placing back the other half of the puff.
- Garnish with some cooking chocolate on top.
To make the cream fillings
- Add sugar, butter, evaporated milk and custard mixed with water in a pot. Stir until well blended.
- On a slow fire, heat up the mixture, stirring regularly with a wire whisk until thickened.
Nutrient content per serving:
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia
Recipes courtesy of ‘Nutritionists’ Choice Cookbook, Volume 1: Healthy Recipes for Your Little Ones’ by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes over 60 recipes, please email: [email protected]