- 100 g (1 whole) red apple, scrubbed, peeled, pitted and cut into medium-size chunks
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- Pour water into saucepan and bring to boil.
- Place apples in saucepan. Cover with lid and simmer apples for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Mash stewed apples using fork or puree till smooth.
- Serve with some breast milk.
- The apples can be substituted with other fruits such as honey dew or pears.
Nutrient content per serving:
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia.
Recipes courtesy of “Nutritionists’ Choice Cookbook, Vol 1: Healthy Recipes for Your Little Ones” by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes 100 recipes, please email: [email protected]