- 800 g chicken bones
- 80 g (1½ cups) dried anchovies
- 1 L (4 cups) water
- Remove fat, skin and blood clots from assorted chicken bones. Wash the bones thoroughly.
- Remove the head and entrails from dried anchovies.
- Boil chicken bones and anchovies in 1 L of water. Once boiled, turn to low heat. Simmer for about 45 minutes or until ½ litre of stock remains.
- Strain and chill in refrigerator overnight. Remove layer of fat from chilled stock.
- Stock can be refrigerated for a week or frozen for a month.
- Foods that you are planning to freeze must be well-sealed to prevent food from drying out. This also helps to preserve the quality of the food.
- Store in a freezer that can freeze food from -18°C to 0°C.
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia.
Recipes courtesy of “Nutritionists’ Choice Cookbook, Vol 1: Healthy Recipes for Your Little Ones” by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes 100 recipes, please email: [email protected]