- 183 g (1 cup) uncooked rice
- 50 g (2 whole) tomatoes, diced
- 200 g (3⁄4 cup) lean beef, thinly sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato puree
- 250 ml (1 cup) tomato sauce
- 30 g (1⁄2 medium-sized) green capsicum, sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 10 g (2 cloves) garlic, pounded
- 10 g (1⁄2 cm) ginger, crushed
- 10 g (1) shallot, sliced
- Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- In an electric rice cooker, cook rice with tomato puree, 1⁄2 cup of tomato sauce and water.
- In a separate pan, sauté garlic, ginger and shallots. Add in chopped tomatoes and remaining tomato sauce.
- Add beef slices into the pan and cook until meat is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add extra water, if needed.
- Remove from flame and set aside.
- Scoop cooked rice into small round jelly moulds. Make a hole in the center of rice and scoop in the stir-fried beef.
- Turn out the tomato rice with beef onto a plate and serve.
- Beef can also be replaced with chicken.
Nutrient content per serving
|Calories||: 389 kcal|
|Carbohydrate||: 49.9 g|
|Protein||: 14.9 g|
|Fat||: 14.4 g|