- 140g (2) squids, heads removed
- 10g (1 tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 100g (1) onion, sliced
- 30g (6 pips) garlic, crushed
- 5g (1 cm) fresh ginger, chopped finely
- 50g (1⁄2) red capsicum, chopped
- 50g (1⁄2) yellow or green capsicum, chopped
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) lime juice
- Light soya sauce to taste
- 60ml (1⁄4 cup) water
- 100g (1⁄2 cup) medium sized prawns, shelled and deveined
- 50g (1⁄4 cup) fish fillet
- 90g (3⁄4 cup) long beans, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 50g (1⁄2 cup) snow peas
- Make a single cut down the length of each squid and open it up. Using a sharp knife, cut parallel lines down the length of the squid (make sure not to cut right through the flesh). Make more cuts in the opposite direction to form a diamond pattern.
- Cut each piece into 21⁄2 cm pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add onion, ginger, garlic and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add red and yellow/green capsicums, lime juice and light soya sauce, and stir fry for another 3 minutes. Add in water.
- Add squid, prawns and fish fillets, stir fry for 5 minutes or until the colour of the prawns change.
- Add long beans and snow peas. Continue to stir-fry until the long beans and snow peas are cooked.
- Serve with white rice.
Nutrient content per serving
|Energy||: 80 kcal|
|Calcium||: 32 mg|
|Protein||: 8.8 g|
|Iron||: 1.7 mg|
|Fat||: 2.7 g|