Serving size – 1 cup (Yields 10 servings)
- 195g fragrant rice, washed and drained
- 3 ltr water
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 medium-sized onion (cut into 8 wedges)
- 1 cm ginger, sliced
- 1 small-sized carrot, grated
- 50g snow peas, sliced
- 1 small-sized sweet potato, grated
- 5g salt
- 3g black pepper
- Boil 3 cups of water. Add 1 teaspoon salt, black pepper, ginger and onions into the pot. Add chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes. Remove chicken from stock. Discard the skin and bones and shred chicken.
- Add the chicken bones back into the stock. Pour 10 cups of water to the stock. Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add rice into chicken stock and cook under low heat until you get the desired porridge consistency. Remove chicken bones and onions from the porridge.
- Mix in the chicken and the vegetables. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
Nutrient content per serving
|Calorie||: 119 kcal|
|Calcium||: 45 mg|
|Protein||: 7 g|
|Iron||: 1.2 mg|
|Fat||: 3 g|