- 125 g (1 cup) oatmeal
- 90 g (3⁄4 cup) plain flour
- 110 g (3⁄4 cup) wholemeal flour
- 11⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1 g (1⁄4 tsp) salt
- 130 g (3⁄4 cup) raisins
- 65 g (1⁄4 cup) unsalted butter
- 85 g (1⁄2 cup) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 300 ml plain yogurt or reduced fat milk
- 10 ml (1 tbsp) cooking oil for greasing muffin pan
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with oil, or line with muffin paper liners.
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Combine plain flour, oatmeal, wholemeal flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add in raisins and set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Then add eggs one at a time. Continue to beat until the butter batter looks smooth. Pour in yogurt or reduced fat milk and stir together.
- Add in half of the flour mixture and stir. Pour in the other half and gently stir together until just combined.
- Do not over-mix the batter; it is okay if the batter looks a little lumpy. Over mixing will cause the muffins to become chewy.
- Pour into the greased muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let stand for three minutes and transfer to cooling rack to cool.
- You may add any topping to the muffins like nuts and bread crumbs, to add more flavour.
Nutrient content per serving
|Calories||: 221 kcal|
|Carbohydrate||: 35.0 g|
|Protein||: 5.8 g|
|Fat||: 6.6 g|