- 250 g (2 cups) uncooked rice, washed and drained well
- 750 ml (3 cups) or sufficient water to cook rice
- 350 g (2 medium sized) chicken drumsticks, skinned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 g (5 pieces) shitake mushrooms, well soaked till soft and cut into thin slices
- 100 g (1 small) carrots, diced
- 10 g (2 cloves) garlic, chopped finely
- 10 g (1⁄2 cm) ginger, cut into fine strips
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cooking oil
- Garnishing: Spring onions and coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) light soya sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dark soya sauce
- 20 g (1 tbsp) oyster sauce
- 5 g (1 tsp) black pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh ginger juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- 20 g (2 tbsp) corn flour
Seasoning (mix together)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) light soya sauce
- 5 g (1 tsp) pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sesame oil
- Marinate chicken with (A) for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add and stir fry marinated chicken meat, mushroom slices, diced carrots and seasoning. Dish out and set aside.
- Mix rice with water and cook rice as usual in a rice cooker. After seven minutes, or when rice is nearly cooked, add stir fried chicken meat and continue to cook until rice is dry and fluffy.
- Dish rice into a serving bowl or claypot and garnish with chopped spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient content per serving
|Calories||: 353 kcal|
|Protein||: 19.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||: 50 g|
|Fat||: 8.5 g|