- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup instant skimmed milk powder
- 1 carton fresh milk (1 litre)
- 1 cup water
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- Mix cocoa, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Add water, and heat to boiling stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in liquid milk. Then slowly add milk powder, stirring continuously. Heat thoroughly but do not boil.
- Just before serving, beat with a hand beater until foamy.
- You may stir in vanilla or mint extract, before step 3, if desired.
Nutrient content per serving
|Energy||: 288 kcal|
|Fat||: 8 gram|
|Protein||: 13 gram|
|Calcium||: 488 mg|