Serving size – 2 packages (Yields 8 servings)
- 16 small fresh cabbage leaves
- 375g cooked rice
- 100g chicken meat, cut into small pieces
- 100g prawn meat, cut into small pieces
- 3-4pcs Chinese mushrooms, soaked in hot water and diced
- 60g carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, ground
- 1 thinly sliced ginger, ground
- 20ml oil
- 10ml light soya sauce
- 7g salt
- 7g black pepper
- 10ml sesame oil
- Marinate chicken and prawn together with ginger, salt, black pepper and soya sauce for 10 minutes.
- Wash the cabbage leaves and blanch them in hot water to soften. Set aside.
- In a wok, sauté onions, garlic and ginger until lightly brown. Add chicken, prawn and vegetables. Stir fry until cooked.
- Add the rice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper. Mix in the sesame oil and stir well. Remove from heat.
- Place 2 tablespoon of the rice mixture on to the middle of the cabbage leaf and wrap it into a square package. Secure this with a wooden toothpick. Steam the packages for 10-15 minutes and serve hot.
Nutrient content per serving
|Calorie||: 119 kcal|
|Calcium||: 45 mg|
|Protein||: 7 g|
|Iron||: 1.2 mg|
|Fat||: 3 g|