(Suggested number of servings: 5)
- 500 g chicken breast
- 25g (1/4 cup) breadcrumbs
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) dried Italian herbs
- 21 g (1 tablespoon) honey
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) olive oil
- 53 g (1 whole) egg
- A pinch salt and pepper
- Mince the chicken by using a food processor.
- Lightly grease the baking tray with olive oil.
- Combine the chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, Italian herbs, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Shape the ball by packing firmly in your hand.
- Repeat step 4 and 5 until the mixture has finished.
- Place meatballs on the greased baking tray without touching each other.
- Roast the meatballs in a preheated oven at 230 ◦C for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve on a plate.
Nutrient content per serving:
Recipes courtesy of “Junior Chef Cookbook, Vol 1: Let’s Play Healthy Cooking” by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes 35 recipes, please email to: [email protected]
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia.