- 10 wooden skewers, soaked for 2-3 minutes
- 200 g (1 whole) ripe mango, peeled
- 200 g (2 whole) oranges, peeled
- 200 g (2 large) red apples, peeled
- 70 g (10 small) strawberries
- 20 g (1½ tbsp) margarine
- 3 ml (½ tsp) lemon juice
- 80 g (½ cup) honey
- 250 ml (1 cup) yoghurt or vanilla ice-cream
- Cut mango, oranges and apples into 3 cm cubes.
- Thread the cut fruits (mango, oranges, red apples, strawberries) on to the skewers and place on the oven tray.
- Blend margarine, lemon juice and honey in a saucepan and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Coat the fruit well with mixture.
- Place skewers on a lightly-greased grill, and grill until warm.
- Cool and serve with yoghurt or ice-cream.
Nutrient content per serving:
Recipes courtesy of “Nutritionists’ Choice Cookbook, Vol 1: Healthy Recipes for Your Little Ones” by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes 50 recipes, please email: [email protected]
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia.