- 150 g (1 2/3 cups) macaroni, cooked and drained
- 200 g (3/4 cup) lean beef, minced
- 30 g (6 pieces) fresh button mushrooms
- 30 g (1/2) red capsicum
- 30 g (1/2) green capsicum
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) tomato sauce
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) tomatoes
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) homemade beef stock
- 26 g (2 tbsp) margarine
- 25 g (5 cloves) garlic
- 3 g (1/2) green chilli
- 3 g (1/2) red chili
- 50 g (2) onions
- Salt to taste
- Garnishing: coriander leaves, fried sliced shallots
- Heat margarine in a wok and sauté chopped ingredients until fragrant.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef stock and minced beef.
- Stir and simmer until beef is cooked and tender.
- Add macaroni, capsicum, and mushroom. Season with salt.
- Garnish before serving.
Nutrient content per serving:
Recipes courtesy of “Nutritionists’ Choice Cookbook, Vol 1: Healthy Recipes for Your Little Ones” by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes 50 recipes, please email: [email protected]
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia.