- 210 g (4 medium-sized) green apples, peeled, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 30 g (2 tbsp) sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) water
- 40 g (¼ cup) raisins
- 40 g (3 tbsp) brown sugar
- 3 g (½ tsp) cinnamon powder
- 35 g (4 tbsp) wheat flour
- 50 g (4 tbsp) cool butter, diced
- Chocolate for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook the apples with water and sugar until tender and add raisins.
- Arrange them in a heat proof bowl and set aside.
- For toppings: mix brown sugar, wheat flour, butter, and cinnamon powder. Mix well to form crumbs.
- Pour the crumbs onto the cooked apples until they are fully covered.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, or until the crumb change into slightly dark brown.
- Garnish with cooking chocolates and serve immediately.
Nutrient content per serving:
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia
Recipes courtesy of ‘Nutritionists’ Choice Cookbook, Volume 1: Healthy Recipes for Your Little Ones’ by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes over 60 recipes, please email: email@example.com