- 60 g (1/4 cup) lean beef, ground and half steamed
- 90 g (1 medium-sized) potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- Oil for shallow frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix beef and potatoes together. Add salt, pepper and spring onion.
- Shape into firm patties.
- Dip patties into egg mixture.
- Immediately place patties into a pre-heated pan and pan-fry with low heat until golden brown. This is to ensure the patties do not turn burn before they are well-cooked.
- Place cooked patties on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Serve warm.
Nutrient content per serving:
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia
Recipes courtesy of “Nutritionists’ Choice Cookbook, Vol 1: Healthy Recipes for Your Little Ones” by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes 100 recipes, please email: [email protected]