- 250 g (2 cups) wheat flour, sieved
- 125 g (1/2 cup) margarine
- 1 egg
- 75 g (5 tbsp) icing sugar
- 15 g (3 tsp) baking powder
- 160 g (1 cup) finely grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease a baking tray.
- Cream margarine and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and cream well.
- Fold in flour, baking powder and grated cheese. Mix gently until dough is formed.
- Roll out dough to about 3 mm thick. Use a 6-cm diameter serrated cutter, cut out into circles. Place a 2-cm serrated cutter in the middle of pastry circle and cut out to form a ring. Place rings onto trays.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient content per serving:
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia
Recipes courtesy of “Nutritionists’ Choice Cookbook, Vol 1: Healthy Recipes for Your Little Ones” by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes 100 recipes, please email: [email protected]