- 8 ounces tempeh
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons oil, extra
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 21⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon tamarind juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Cut the tempeh into small cubes.
- Sauté in oil for about 10 minutes, until lightly brown. Remove and drain.
- Heat the extra oil and sauté the onion until tender. Remove onion from the heat. Then, sauté the chopped garlic until fragrant. Add remainder of ingredients and wait until it simmers.
- Put back the tempeh and onions and simmers for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.