- 100g dhall, washed and soaked for 1 to 2 hours. Drained.
- 400ml water
- 300g spinach, washed and cut into small pieces with the stem
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, sliced into small pieces
- 3 green chillies, sliced into small pieces
- 5 garlic pips, pounded coarsely
- 8 shallots, sliced into small pieces
- 1 tbsps ginger, sliced thinly
- 1-2 tsps coriander seeds or curry powder
- 2 tsps cumin seeds
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp tamarind juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 stalks coriander leaves, chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Boil dhall in water with green chillies, shallots, garlic and ginger. Add 1 tsp oil.
- Boil until dhal become soft.
- Add spinach and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, spices and lastly, tamarind juice.
- Add salt. Mix well and mash vegetables and dhall with the ladle until mixture becomes a thick porridge.
- Add coriander leaves and remove from heat.
Nutrient content per serving
|Calories||: 173 kcal|
|Carbohydrate||: 24.9 g|
|Protein||: 7.8 g|
|Fat||: 4.8 g|