- 300g medium-sized shrimp
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 small head cabbage, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Small piece of ginger, grated
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 4 tbsps oil for cooking salt to taste
- 1⁄4 bunch scallion, sliced & peanuts for garnishing (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in frying pan. Add shallots, ginger and stir-fry till fragrant.
- Add the cabbage and stir-fry until soft. Season with salt. Remove cooked vegetables to a plate. Clean pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to pan.
- Saute garlic gently till fragrant.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink. Set aside on plate with vegetables.
- Add remaining oil to the pan and when hot, scramble the eggs lightly, then let it set.
- Fold in the rice and toss with the egg until well combined, breaking up the rice clumps.
- Mix in the sauteed vegetables and shrimp along with the peas and season with salt and soy sauce. Toss everything together to heat through.
- Serve the fried rice hot, and garnish with scallions and peanuts.
Nutrient content per serving
|Calories||: 365 kcal|
|Carbohydrate||: 36.6 g|
|Protein||: 19.6 g|
|Fat||: 14.5 g|