Serves 8 open-faced sandwiches
- 40 g margarine
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 400 g tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp tamarind juice
- 8 slices brown bread
- a dash of pepper
- Melt 1 tbsp of margarine in a large pan.
- Increase heat slightly, add mushrooms and cook until they begin to lose moisture. Add garlic and cook another 5 minutes or so, until liquid has evaporated. Remove from pan.
- Melt remaining margarine in pan. Add spring onion and cook until just wilted.
- Add tofu, tamarind juice and mushrooms and stir gently until tofu is heated through.
- Stir in parsley and season with pepper.
- Lightly toast the bread, with a little margarine. Serve with the scrambled tofu.
Nutrient content per serving
|Calorie||: 210 kcal|
|Fat||: 5.4 g|
|Protein||: 8 g|
|Calcium||: 65 mg|
|Iron||: 2.5 mg|