- 250 g (1 cup) lean beef, cubed
- 50 g (5 tbsp) flour
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 90 g (1 medium sized) potatoes, cubed
- 90 g (3⁄4 cup) carrots, diced
- 125 g (1 cup) celery, diced
- 60 g (3⁄4 cup) onions, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato puree
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 625 ml (2 1⁄2 cup) water
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dark soya sauce
- 20 g (2 tbsp) onions, sliced for sauteing
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Marinate beef cubes with flour, salt and pepper.
- Stir-fry onions in oil until fragrant. Add the meat and cook until slightly brown.
- Add water, Worcestershire sauce, dark soya sauce, tomato puree, bay leaves into the pan. Mix well. Simmer and cover until meat is tender.
- Add potatoes, celery, carrots and chopped onions. Continue to simmer for about 30 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Remove additional oil fat from the sauce.
- If necessary, adjust the consistency of the sauce with additional flour or water.
Nutrient content per serving
|Calories||: 267 kcal|
|Protein||: 14.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||: 16.7 g|
|Fat||: 15.9 g|