- 25 g (¼ cup) whole wheat flour
- 125 g (½ cup) self-rising flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 5 g (1 tbsp) butter, softened
- Stewed Apple
- 100 g (1) red/green apple
- 125 ml (½ cup) water
- 7 g (1 tsp) sugar
- 14 g (1 tbsp) butter
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- 30 g (2 tbsp) low-fat yogurt
Choose wholemeal flour because the product contains high whole grains, fiber, B vitamins and minerals. It provides comprehensive benefits of whole grains. It is recommended that half of your grain products be from whole grains daily.
- Peel, core and slice the apple into bite size.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan. Bring water and sugar to boil in the pan. Add apple and simmer with lid until apple is tender. Add in a pinch of cinnamon powder and put aside.
- Sift both whole wheat flour and self-rising flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture.
- Combine milk, butter, egg and gradually stir into the flour to make a smooth batter.
- Drop some batter into a pre-heated and slightly buttered non-stick pan and cook until bubbles appear. Turn over the pancakes to cook the other side.
- Serve pancakes with apple and plain yogurt.
Nutrient content per serving:
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia.
Recipes courtesy of ‘Buku Masakan Pilihan Pakar Pemakanan, Jilid 2: Resipi untuk Seisi Keluarga’ by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes 100 recipes, please email: [email protected]