- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Milk mixture (a) – mixed together
- 3 tbsp margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raisins or currants
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in rolled oats and raisins. Make a well in the centre. Add milk mixture (a).
- Stir quickly, enough to dampen dry ingredients – do not overmix. Over-mixing will make muffins tough.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2⁄3 full.
- Bake at 200°C for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins.
Nutrient content per serving
|Calorie||: 298 kcal|
|Fat||: 9 g|
|Protein||: 7 g|
|Iron||: 2 mg|