- 11⁄2 cups brown rice
- 4-5 dried chinese mushrooms, soaked & sliced
- 11⁄2 scallions, sliced thinly, crosswise
- 1⁄2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp garlic, grated (about 2 cloves)
- 2 fresh lemongrass, cut into 2″ long, skinny strips (use only the soft inner layers)
- 150 g prawn, shelled and de-veined
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken broth
- 310 ml (11⁄4 cups) water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, extra
Marinade together for at least 20 minutes
- 300 g chicken, in bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp sesame oil
- Rinse rice with water a few times. Pour rinsed rice into a clay pot.
- Add mushrooms, scallions, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, marinated chicken and prawn.
- Pour chicken broth, water and soy sauce in; gently mix everything and start to cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- Serve rice warm with fresh spicy daikon sprouts or cilantro.
- You can also cook this using an electric rice cooker for convenience.
Nutrient content per serving
|Calories||: 320 kcal|
|Carbohydrate||: 28.9 g|
|Protein||: 30.3 g|
|Fat||: 9.6 g|