- 270 g (3 medium-sized) potatoes
- 240 g (1 cup) fish fillets, skin and bones
- removed and minced
- 30 g (2 tbsp) butter
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 60 g (1/2 cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 ml (1/5 cup) homemade vegetable stock
- 30 g (2 tbsp) peas
- 25 g (1 whole) onion, finely chopped
- 8 g (1 tbsp) whole meal flour
- 3 g (1 tbsp) parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven at 180°C. Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil with a pinch of salt, add the potatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes. Drain, peel and mash potatoes with milk and half of the butter until smooth.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan; add the chopped onions and sauté until softened. Add the flour and cook for 30 seconds, stirring continuously. Gradually stir in the milk and then the stock. Bring to the boil and cook for one minute.
- Add the fish with the parsley and bay leaf. Simmer for about 3 minutes and then stir in the peas and cook for one minute. Remove the bay leaf and stir in the cheese until melted. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Put the fish mixture into serving dishes and top with the mashed potato. Brush with the lightly beaten egg. Heat through in the oven for about 15 minutes and finish off for a few minutes under a preheated grill until golden.
- Decorate the pie with vegetables.
Kandungan Nutrien Setiap Satu Hidangan:
An educational collaboration with Nutrition Society of Malaysia.
Recipes courtesy of ‘Buku Masakan Pilihan Pakar Pemakanan, Jilid 2: Resipi untuk Seisi Keluarga’ by Nutrition Society of Malaysia. To purchase this recipe book which includes 100 recipes, please email: [email protected]